Learn more about published research on hypothermic treatment of cutaneous leishmaniasis spanning a history of more than 25 years. Here are a list of our available research reports.
Please submit your information in the form below to access the reports. We will send you a Zip file of the following 15 published research reports.
1. The Immunology of a Healing Response in Cutaneous Leishmaniasis Treated with Localized Heat or Systemic Antimonial Therapy
October 20, 2015
Authors: Lakhal-Naouar I, Slike BM, Aronson NE, Marovich MA
2. Efficacy of Thermotherapy to Treat Cutaneous Leishmaniasis: A Meta-Analysis of Controlled Clinical Trials
May 26, 2015
Jaiberth Antonio Cardona-Arias , Ivan Dario Velez, Liliana L6pez-Carvaja
3. Thermotherapy Effective and Safer Than Miltefosine in the Treatment of Cutaneous Leishmaniasis in Colombia
2013, vol.55, n.3, pp.197-204
Authors: Liliana Lopez1, Claudia Cruz2, Gonzalo Godoy2, Sara M. Robledo1, Ivan D. Velez
4. Evaluation of Thermotherapy for the Treatment of Cutaneous Leishmaniasis in Kabul, Afghanistan: A Randomized Controlled Trial
March 2012, Vol. 177, Issue 3:345
Najibullah Safi, MD; Col Gary D. Davis, MC USA (Ret.); Mohammed Nadir, MD; Hamida Hamid, MD; Col Leon L. Robert, Jr., MS USA; Maj Alan J. Case, MS ARNG (Ret.)
5. Thermotherapy. An alternative for the treatment of American cutaneous leishmaniasis.
May 17, 2012
Liliana López,1 Martha Robayo,2 Margarita Vargas,2 and Iván D Vélez1
6. Heat, Oriental sore, and HIV
Feb 12-Feb 18, 2011
Neha Prasad, MBBS, Prof Bhikiam C Ghiya, MD, Prof Ram A Bumb, MD, Himanshu Kaushal, MSc, Anjali A Satoskar, MD, Claudio M Lezama-Davila, PhD, Poonam Salotra, PhD, Prof Abhay R Satoskar.
7. A Randomized Controlled Trial of Local Heat Therapy Versus Intravenous Sodium Stibogluconate for the Treatment of Cutaneous Leishmania major Infection
March 9, 2010
Naomi E. Aronson, Glenn W. Wortmann, William R. Byrne, Robin S. Howard, Wendy B. Bernstein, Mary A. Marovich, Mark E. Polhemus, In-Kyu Yoon, Kelly A. Hummer, Robert A. Gasser Jr, Charles N. Oster, Paul M. Benson, Naomi E. Aronson, Glenn W. Wortmann, William R. Byrne, Robin S. Howard, Wendy B. Bernstein, Mary A. Marovich, Mark E. Polhemus, In-Kyu Yoon, Kelly
8. Efficacy of local heat therapy by radiofrequency and the treatment of cutaneous leishmaniasis, compared with intralesional injection of meglumine antimonate
July 2007, vol. 32, Issue 4 pp. 371-374
G. Sadeghian, M. A. Nilfroushzadeh, F. Iraji
9. Heat therapy for cutaneous leishmaniasis elicits a systemic cytokine response similar to that of antimonial (Glucantime) therapy
June 2005 DOI:10.1016/j.trstmh.2005.08.011
Iza M.F. a, Milena B.P. Soares, Tania M. Correia, Luiz A.R. de Freitas, Maria Ines Oliveiraa, Maria Nakatania, Eduardo Nettoa, Roberto Badaroa, John R. David
10. Cutaneous leishmaniasis in soldiers from Fort Campbell, Kentucky returning from Operation Iraqi Freedom highlights diagnostic and therapeutic options
Willard RJ1, Jeffcoat AM, Benson PM, Walsh DS.
11. Efficacy of Thermotherapy to Treat Cutaneous Leishmaniasis Caused by Leishmania tropical in Kabul, Afghanistan: A Randomized, Controlled Trial
April 15, 2005
Reithinger R, Mohsen M, Wahid M, Bismullah M, Quinnell RJ, Davies CR, Kolaczinski J, David JR.
12. Treatment of cutaneous leishmaniasis with localized current field (radio frequency) in Tabasco, Mexico.
Velasco-Castrejon O, Walton BC, Rivas-Sanchez B, Garcia MF, Lazaro GJ, Hobart O, Roldan S, Floriani-Verdugo J, Munguia-Saldana A, Berzaluce R.
12. Placebo-Controlled Clinical Trial of Meglumine Antimonate (Glucantime) vs. Localized Controlled Heat in the Treatment of Cutaneous Leishmaniasis in Guatemala
Thomas R. Navin, Byron A. Arana, Ana Maria de Merida, A. Lorena Castillo, Julio L. Pozuelos
13. Evaluation of thermotherapy for the treatment of cutaneous Leishmaniasis in Kabul, Afghanistan: A randomized controlled trial
14. The cost-effectiveness of health programmes in complex emergencies: leishmaniasis treatment in Kabul, Afghanistan.